Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gay Marriage

In the gay marriage debate, my understanding of the reading is that whether gay men and women get married, it will not make them anymore happier then without being wed.  Gay men and lesbians are fighting for right to marry, which in my opinion is there god giving right under the constitution, that says “all man is created equal”, which should allow gay men and lesbians to marry. However being married doesn’t changed the dynamic of their relationship, they will still have the same feelings for one other, and the same love and devotion to their partner.  For many generations homosexuals have not had the right to marry one other, and yet they have happier and longer lasting relationships then some heterosexuals who were able to marry. So why does the idea of marriage make gay men and lesbians feel that it will be the defining factor or “tie the knot” in their relationship?  


In my personal opinion which I briefly stated above, I think it is homosexuals god giving right to be able marry one another.  Homosexuals should not be denied the opportunity to marry the person they love just cause the fact that they are gay. In my eyes that’s discrimination towards all homosexual and an injustice to our constitution, which clearly sates all men are created equal. It also denies their pursuit of life liberty and happiness. I feel that marriage is such a powerful thing bond between to people that it should not be restricted to straight couple, but homosexual couples as well.  From personal experience I have dealt with this topic in my own home. I have a cousin who is homosexual and he just married his boyfriend of four years.  When I attended the wedding I could see the joy and happiness the two shared and the love they had for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment